Wednesday 7 September 2011

Here we go...

So here we are at the beginning of another school year, and for the first time, I can call myself a graduate student.  I am now officially an M.A student in the Public History program at the University of Western Ontario.  To be honest, being a graduate student is slightly terrifying. Coming from a small university in a small city in Alberta, it is a bit overwhelming (okay, VERY overwhelming) to come to a new city and a new school to face the unknowns of graduate studies. Despite my pending anxiety attack, I am looking forward to the opportunity to combine academic knowledge with practical experience in the public history program.

A bit more about me (so you don't think anxiety and terror are my only defining characteristics):

I finished my B.A. in History at the University of Lethbridge in 2010 and took this last year off to get married, work at a landscaping centre, and travel in Australia. I have been a volunteer at the Galt Museum & Archives for the past four years, and during this time, I became interested in local and social history.  I enjoy drinking tea, window shopping and watching Edmonton Oilers games. 


No comments:

Post a Comment